Volkswagen has a variety of Passat 3C 2005 – 2010 models are available in the global market. The VW Passat has many upgradable features and one of the very popular is the factory audio system.
Replacing this radio isn’t too tough in the VW Passat 3C 2005-2010. One needs of course a suitable adaptor as well as a VW car stereo fitting kit for the dashboard. This fascia adaptor will enable you to replace a VW factory fitted radio with an aftermarket unit, and keep the first look of your dashboard
USB-Sticks or MP3 player can also connect one with AUX? Changing out the stereo in a VW passat requires a torx screwdriver and about 30 minutes.
- Installation time: About 30 minutes a workshop is not required!
- Removal tools: Torx screwdriver, screwdriver!
- VW Passat 3c with Navi standart system.
- VW Passat 3c with RCD standart radio.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal to prevent an accidental short circuit.
- Start to remove the old radio and fit the new one. Unclip and remove VW Passat 3c trim panel surrounding radio.
- Remove four T-20 torx screws to remove the radio. Pull the head unit from the VW Passat dash and disconnect the wires from the back of the radio.
- At the end of the quadlock, turn the lever and it’ll pop out. The antenna connections pull out by squeezing the tabs I’ve shown in the picture below.
- VW Passat 3c radio will be removed.
- Unplug the electrical connection from the rear of the radio on the Passat 3c.
- An Aerial Adaptor is needed when replacing the original factory fitted head unit with an aftermarket head unit. This will convert your VW Passat 3C standard Fakra aerial connection so you can connect a aftermarket car stereo.
- This car ISO harness lead is required when replacing the original car radio with an after-market car stereo without the need to cut any of the existing wiring.
And already gehts off with the new radio!
- Slide the DIN cage into the Radio Housing and secure by bending the metal locking tabs down.
- Connect the wiring harness adaptor to the original harness and slide the VW antenna adaptor onto the first cable. Plug the wiring harness adaptor and antenna into the rear of the new stereo and slide the whole assembly into the dashboard until it clicks into position.
- Slide the aftermarket head unit into the cage and fix.
- Snap the pocket into the radio housing.
- Reconnect the positive battery cable and turn the radio on.
Aerial: In the VW Passat an aerial cable with Fakra connection in it in addition one needs a Fakra aerial adaptor.
Original is OEM-Radio built-in the VW Passat, These adaptors will allow you to remove your original factory headunit and replace it with an aftermarket unit. The kits are suitable for the fitment of any standard DIN size or Double DIN size CD or DVD player.
A reasonable VW Passat fitting kit includes the following:
- Fascia Panel
- Aerial adaptor Fakra
- VW Passat wiring harness
- VW Passat 1 DIN radio dash kit
- VW Passat car radio installation kit. The antenna diversity system improves radio reception quality!
- VW Passat 2 DIN radio dash kit