Ford Fiesta 3000, 5000, 6000 OEM radio – radio removal guide
Ford has a variety of Fiesta models are available in the global market. The Ford Fiesta has many upgradable features and one of the very popular is the factory audio system.
Replacing this radio isn’t too tough in the Ford Fiesta 1995–2003. One needs of course a suitable adaptor as well as a Ford Fiesta facia panel kit for the dashboard. This fascia adaptor will enable you to replace a Ford factory fitted radio with an aftermarket unit, and keep the first look of your dashboard
USB-Sticks or MP3 player can also connect one with AUX? Changing out the stereo in a Ford Fiesta requires a Ford removal keys and about 10 minutes.
- Installation time: About 10 minutes a workshop is not required!
- Removal tools: Ford removal keys, screwdriver!
- Use the Ford removal keys from the Ford radio installation kit in this post below. The set will include two keys. What this means is that to remove one of these units you are going to need a producer stereo removal key that is unique to prevent damage to the surrounding fascia and cage or the head unit.
- Just insert the pointed ends into the holes on the radio’s face. Add the tools far enough until a click is detected by you. Push on the DIN tools somewhat out and after that pull the radio and from the dashboard.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the rear of the stereo. Simply press in the tabs and take out the harness.
- An Aerial Adaptor is needed when replacing the original factory fitted head unit with an aftermarket head unit. This will convert your Ford Fiesta standard ISO aerial connection to DIN so you can connect a aftermarket car stereo.
- This car ISO harness lead is required when replacing the original car radio with an after-market car stereo without the need to cut any of the existing wiring.
And already gehts off with the new radio!
- Slide the DIN cage into the Radio Housing and secure by bending the metal locking tabs down.
- Connect the wiring harness adaptor to the original harness and slide the VW antenna adaptor onto the first cable. Plug the wiring harness adaptor and antenna into the rear of the new stereo and slide the whole assembly into the dashboard until it clicks into position.
- Slide the aftermarket head unit into the cage and fix.
- Snap the pocket into the radio housing.
- Reconnect the positive battery cable and turn the radio on.
Aerial: In the Ford Fiesta an aerial cable with ISO connection in it in addition one needs a ISO to DIN aerial adaptor.
Original is OEM-Radio built-in the Ford Fiesta, these adaptors will allow you to remove your original factory headunit and replace it with an aftermarket unit. The kits are suitable for the fitment of any standard DIN size CD, MP3 or DVD player.
A reasonable Ford Fiesta fitting kit includes the following:
- Fascia Panel
- Aerial adaptor ISO to DIN
- Ford Fiesta wiring harness
- Ford Fiesta 1 DIN radio dash kit 1995 – 2003